Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sick No-No

Roy Holiday (I know I know, but I like this spelling better) nice job dude! Could have had more $ somewhere else, but would probably be playing golf right now instead of pitching the first ML no-hitter in playoffs since before most people without artificial hips and knees were born. It was so inspiring. Seriously. I stayed up late and snuck down in the basement to the old VHS cabinet and found my last n0-hitter. You can't believe how similar! Freaky similar. I was so hyped I didn't even sleep - which makes it a good thing today is an office day - if I were on the road I'd be dead.

It's like Roy watched my game and copied my strategy. I mean I was on fire that day! My first pitches were crazy strikes. I do have to give him props, I walked 2 that day vs his 1. And the last play - a throw from the catcher to first. Exactly the same. No joke. Ya I was throwing in the high 50's. Ya it was against the worst team in the division. Ya it was a team with 3 girls. Ok, so I was only 9 years old. But if you take away Roy actually making a living as a pitcher/this being the playoffs/the best league on the planet/national television/the road to the world series/and pitching against like full-grown men who can crush it - if you take away all that - we (me and Roy) are like basically the same. I should have his people contact my people, we could exchange autographs and stuff. I know he'd love to see my footage, it's almost like he already did!

No comments:

Post a Comment